Jordan's profile picture

Jordan's profile picture
Sister Frost

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

About Me (from official missionary profile)

I thought I would share Jordan's missionary profile for anyone who might have stumbled across this blog so you can know a little more about our fantastic daughter.
Jordan Frost: Violinist, Convert, Student, Musician, Missionary, Jordan Frost, Mormon.

Hi I'm Jordan Frost

About Me

I study violin performance and music education at my University, and will try to play any instrument I can get my hands on, given some instruction. I've studied violin for nine years (and counting!).  I have three brothers and a sister, all younger than me. I have a "blended" family. I love playing tennis with my Dad. My family stretches far beyond blood, and I form close familial bonds with people easily. I love to read, especially anything written by Victor Hugo. I've studied French for five years, and I am so excited to use it in the mission field!

Why I am a Mormon

I was baptized on August 13th, 2012. I distinctly remember being at church earlier that year during a fast and testimony meeting and just feeling the spirit so strongly that the very same day, I said to someone, "I think I believe in Mormonism". The wisdom to fast and pray about my feelings only intensified the feeling that I know this is right. A few weeks later, I was reading the Joseph Smith History and it just hit me like a ton of bricks that these were perhaps the truest words I had ever read in my life. That fall, I was baptized and five months later, I decided that I needed to go on a mission so that others may feel what I felt and come to know the truth and peace of His church. There is nothing more right than this Gospel. I can feel it as I study the scriptures, as I go to church, and especially as I talk to the children in nursery, as they tell me that Heavenly Father loves them with such conviction that I can feel the Spirit emulate from them. I am a Mormon because I have received personal revelation that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the one and only true church, and is led by a true prophet of God, who receives revelation for us and directs us on a path that leads us closer to the Almighty.

Personal Stories

Could you talk about your baptism?

When I was baptized, I was 18 years old. I had accepted every single part of the Gospel as the truth that it is, and I was then baptized by my father. It's an experience I will never forget, and not just because the hot water was broken that day and so the baptismal font was ice cold! That day was the beginning of a new life for me, one that I'm still working on every day, and one that has brought me more joy than I could possibly have ever imagined.

How I live my faith

I teach senior primary. That is, I teach all of the kids who turn three in the year of 2013. They are an incredible group of kids and I absolutely love being involved in their life. In all honesty, they teach me more than I teach them. When I'm away at school, I'm heavily involved in the Young Single Adults (YSA) group in my area. The people I meet through that have become an amazing support system, and are some of my very close friends. I occasionally play violin at church, generally with the choir. Visiting teaching is something I don't do enough, and something that also helps me out a lot. It's an amazing support system and I have learned so much and gotten to know so many amazing women from both being the visitor and the visited. On December 18th, 2013, I report to the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center to prepare to serve as a full-time missionary. I am called to serve in the Vanuatu, Port Vila mission, as well as the New Caledonia mission district.


No comments:

Post a Comment