Jordan's profile picture

Jordan's profile picture
Sister Frost

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Big week! And I am in Ducos!

Well, I'm officially in Ducos now! Sister White has received a 4th transfer call, and she'll now be training in Dumbéa sur mer, where I was trained! I'm so excited and happy for her to be there, and I can't wait to see how well she does! V. set a baptismal date for December 20th!!!! I'm so incredibly proud! It's been such a tough journey.

My last night in Yahoué, we got to go see  K. and she let us take a picture with her! It was so sad to leave! We got to see almost everyone before we left, and one of our investigators, K., cried and gave us each a shell necklace. I'd be lying if I said that I don't feel more than a little homesick when I think about Yahoué. It's my NC home!

Well, for starters, Ducos is HUGE, and the view from the apartment is beautiful. The apartment itself is pretty dang bit as well, although we don't have any AC, so it gets a little bit hot sometimes! I keep getting lost when I'm trying to figure out where people live! I am so grateful for my wonderful companion who knows where everyone lives, since she's already been here for a while. We eat with people all the time, and we have an average of more lessons in a day than we had in a week in Yahoué. It's been crazy, meeting so many people and trying to remember names and addresses and children and families and members and food appointments and how do we get to our apartment again? Thank heavens I'm not the one driving the car!

However, for those of you who have read this far into the email to get one of the most exciting bits of news for this week, I GOT MY FRENCH DRIVER'S LICENSE Wednesday morning!! Just a few hours before having to turn in the phone and keys for Yahoué and heading over to Ducos. Talk about a stressful day!

Well, I think that's all I've really got for you this week. I love you, talk to you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment