Jordan's profile picture

Jordan's profile picture
Sister Frost

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Yahoué City! (or that's what the graffiti say)

May 25, 2014


So this week has been really crazy and fantastic!

Two of my friends from my old ward in Rivière-Salée got their mission calls this week! One of them will be serving in Tahiti and the other in Mozambique! So that's super-cool, it's so great to see the people in the wards I've served in going on missions! 


Now, the story behind the pizza:
We went and ordered this pizza from a little Pizzeria in our sector that's only open two hours a day and has the BEST pizza I've ever had. One guy came out from behind the counter, showed me our order, sayed 'is this your order?' and when I responded in the affirmative, he grabbed my hand, and pulled me behind the counter (with my companion following, of course) and told me to wash my hands. Then he had me make the pizza with him! It was super-cool. Then we met the owner's wife, who studied at University of Kansas! It was just a really cool experience.

Sunday, we couldn't go to church because the one road that we can take (without going through the tribes, which is NOT allowed) was blocked off, so we went to my old ward. It was really weird to see everybody again and be with a new companion!

Sister Pulsipher and I are doing so well, we really love being together. We've also developed a motto for contacting based on a dream she had the other night. We were walking at night, and suddenly we look up and there's a bus with the door open and glowing steps leading up to the bus driver. She looks at me and says, "should we contact this woman?" I turn to her and say, "Always."



















So that's been our theme of the week, especially since we've spent a LOT of time contacting. We received a referral for a woman named S. All we know about her is that she's an older woman and we know what neighborhood she's in. We've just been contacting every single house in the neighborhood, using "we're looking for S." as our way to start the conversation. We're kind of doubting she exists at this point, but it's gotten us a lot of lessons fixed for this week!

Fun fact about my current area, one of the members who lives a few blocks from us was the very first person to be baptized by the very first missionaries in New Caledonia. He has a lot of really cool stories that he's more than happy to share with us haha


A really cool tree, these are everywhere!

A papaya tree, these are everywhere, too!

So that's our week. I love you all so much!
-Sister Jordan Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment