Jordan's profile picture

Jordan's profile picture
Sister Frost

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hello!

May 18, 2014

Hey family, friends, and other people I know!

So this week was really great, our first full week in Yahoué! We've finally made contact with almost everyone that the Elders were meeting with before us, all except a few who like to pretend they're not home when we go to visit them. Mostly because they think we're Jehovah's Witnesses. But really, we say the phrase "Actually, we're not Jehovah's Witnesses" probably two or three times every time we talk to someone for the first time. And then another time the next time we visit them. It's actually fairly amusing the first day or two. I guess Jehovah's Witnesses have REALLY tracted Yahoué a lot throughout the years, and so then to have missionaries from another church is a change that is apparently too large to grasp the first time we meet for a lot of people.

It was super-sweet to Skype with some of you this morning! Shout out to Tyler for graduating from high school today!! Woot woot! Super proud of you!


My beautiful view every single day.

So I received a question and I figured I'd answer it for everybody, since I've received it a few times.

Q: So what's your favorite thing of your new area?
A: ...not the stray dogs? I'm really not sure. I just really love Dumbéa sur mer, and now I really love Yahoué! I think it's probably just the people here, I really enjoy the different dynamics of people and different ways of life, ranging from a rich guy we met who owns horses and runs an equestrian club to a family of 15 who lives in a little house made out of tin and storage containers. I learn so much and I am doing different things every single day, but all of them with the purpose to bring people closer to Christ.

So that's all I got for you all this week. Sorry for the lack of pictures! Love you all to the moon (and back)!



No comments:

Post a Comment