Jordan's profile picture

Jordan's profile picture
Sister Frost

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Just like that, she is officially a missionary.

It's been a week since Jordan left Kansas City and reported to the Missionary Training Center (MTC). I apologize in the delay in writing this post; however, I'm still picking up the pieces of my heart.  Jordan has never been one to set small goals; she dreams BIG.  Huge audacious goals. Like the time she wanted to complete a half marathon, or when she asked me to train her for her first sprint triathlon.  Like I said, BIG goals and dreams.

I would be lying if I said that I was on board with the idea of her becoming a missionary when she first told us.  I was worried about her scholarships, her education and most selfishly, us not being with her for 18 months.  It took a while, but I finally was on board with her dream of a mission.  And here we are; 1 week down and 77 weeks to go.

Which brings me to the drop off at the airport.  It was H-A-R-D.  I told myself I wouldn't cry, and I did SO well...until the final hug.  Here are some snapshots of the good-byes.

 In true Jordan fashion, she tries to lick me.

 
The relationship of these two is one that parents pray for. Makes my heart happy.

 Our girl

 selfie time!

 I was on the verge of tears, so she said, "Squirrel time!"

 Jordan and Tyler with their mom

 Jordan with Tyler

with Tyler and Nathan

...and just like that, she's gone.

Thankfully, Rich was able to fly out to Utah with Jordan.  They flew out a day early and they were able to visit In-N-Out for some delicious burgers. (YUMMY!)  They were also able to visit Temple Square all lit up for Christmas.
unedited/unfiltered photo of Rich and Jordan at Temple Square

The final hug.

With that final hug, she is officially a missionary, Sister Jordan Frost.  Return with honor, we'll see you in 18 months.



No comments:

Post a Comment